photo credit

Raw photo by Metrophoto, edited by hubbywifeylife.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Garlic. Icky hands. [DBHW]

Domestic Blunders to Household Wonders:
Garli-icky hands


Mmmmm garlic.  It smells great on a hot pan, but it's dizzyingly deadly when you smell it on someone's hands or breath.  And you wouldn't really want to get Edward Cullen unconscious, unless you have other plans--if you know what I mean, *wink*wink*. (If you don't, that's great! I'll have him all to myself.)

ANYWAY.  Since I use garlic quite often in my dishes, I had grown to like the garlicky smell on my fingers, because I'm weird and I drool over garlic.  But thank God my better senses took over and now, I'm just annoyed by the smell of garli-icky hands.

After washing my hands vigorously with soap and water, lo and behold, garlic smell was still there.  Two days have passed of washing hands and taking showers... Still there.  Water and soap for the gazillionth time will probably NOT even do it, and in any case, dry skin ain't cool, man.  Perfumed lotion, nope.  Nails cut, nope.  Rubbing alcohol didn't work either.  I didn't realize garlic smell was this stubborn!

Luckily, a couple of friends gave me a tip to use STAINLESS STEEL!  How ingenious is that?  Just rub your hands on anything made of stainless steel (spoon, ladle, pot, knife, whatever is handy) with some running water and a bit of salt should work too.

Did a bit of research, a.k.a. Google, and Martha Stewart has also given this tip.  To avoid having garli-icky hands altogether, you can get yourself some garlic gadget like a garlic mincer.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment