photo credit

Raw photo by Metrophoto, edited by hubbywifeylife.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Ground pork concoction: the never-ending saga continues [DBHW]

Domestic Blunders to Household Wonders:
Ground pork concoction: 4 ways


"Don't ask me what it tastes like or what I put in it.  Just eat it, dammit."

--is how I would describe this dish.  Not good.  But this is about blunders to wonders, and so there is light at the end of this 3-day tunnel.

I combined ground pork, carrots, potatoes, and maybe one or more of the following: your typical soy sauce, Kikkoman soy sauce, Knorr seasoning, some button mushrooms, and miscellaneous herbs and spices.  Had no idea what I was doing, so it ended up a bit weird.  Lab experiment fail.

DAY 1

Lunch:  We were hungry so it tasted OK.

Dinner:  Hey.  This is not as great as we first thought it was.

DAY 2

Breakfast:  Made it into a SANDWICH. I put some ketchup and mayonnaise on a hot pandesal.  I surprised myself!  Yommy.

Lunch:  Eureka!  I made some into an omelette!  Not bad.

Dinner:  Blah.  Getting tired of it.  And so the nightmare continues.

DAY 3

Breakfast:  I forgot about it.  Intentionally.

Lunch:  While still dreading to eat it, a brilliant idea saved me.  I turned it into SOUP!  Added onions, pork broth, salt and pepper.  Surprisingly yommy!

Dinner:  Soup still yommy.  If not, better.

And so this seemingly never-ending saga finally ended, happily at that.  I have observed that some of my cooking nightmares end up as wonderful realities by soup-ifying them.

Don't ruin my happy ending by asking how many kilos of ground pork I used for this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment